Thursday 7 March 2013

My Work: Is it Obvious why all the posts have been animal appliques yet??

So I've been making appliques for my blanket... so far I've made a tree... squirels... owls... and birds. This squirrel applique I actually made up the design by looking at one selling on etsy :P so... not sure if it's ethical to tell you the design.... maaaybe.... 
The blue one I made first... it was a bit taller than I wanted and the tail was too round... So i made the white one... not sure if a blue squirrel works anyways looks kinda funny right? I think I'm sticking with only putting on the white one...

So I have a whole bunch of owls here... these are "Elizzza13" design for owls that I posted before on the Applique Bird and Owl page. I miiight put the blue and white one or the white and blue on in the center of the tree trunk... and make a knot in the trunk... so he's sorta in the knot of the tree... pretty cute... 

 These birds I posted the design for. I made up a design for the wings I guess I'll post later. Not sure if these are toooo boring... They need eyes... I don't know the solid color wasn't really working for me so I made the  next one.
 So I stole the wings of the white one and made this one... it looks a little sloppy with all the changes in color... i need to just fix the neck where it should be blue and it's kinda white... I don't know... does that look nicer? Originally I was planning on having a white and a blue bird... so it's either I have two 3 color birds and make the next one with a white head and blue tummy... or just stick with the two above... still haven't decided...
Oh ya and here's the tree... making it wasn't thaaat hard.. but it is all improv... you can't plan it expect for sketches... you just have to increase and decrease the stitches till you find something you like...


No comments:

Post a Comment